I don’t know if it’s the fact that I am almost a week past my due date or if I just can’t stop buying cookie dough, but here is another stuffed mini cookie recipe. The second in a row.
These were done in 12 minutes from start to finish. Fridge to belly in 12 minutes has to be some kind of a record doesn’t it? Do I get points for speed? I vote yes.
For this recipe, I used refrigerated sugar cookie dough, but feel free to make it yourself. I am just lazy and
hangry hungry at this stage in the game. These cute little mini cookie Easter baskets are stuffed with light fluffy filling that tastes like Peeps without the granulated crunch of sugar. Win. I garnished them with some shredded coconut for fun.
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- shredded coconut to garnish
- a few drops of food color
- Preheat oven to 350 F & place mini cupcake liners in mini muffin pan
- Fill each liner about 1/2 way with cookie dough and pop it into the oven
- While the cookies bake, make a simple syrup by whisking water and powdered sugar in a small sauce pan bringing to a boil for a minute, then set aside
- In a stand mixer, add egg white, cream of tartar and salt into the bowl and beat at a high-speed using the whisk attachment while slowly streaming in the hot simple syrup then extracts and food color
- Beat at a high-speed until you reach a nice fluffy consistency.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, then use the bottom of a shot glass to press into the center of each cookie to make it into a cup while still warm
- Put frosting into a large ziplock bag and snip off a corner of the bag then pipe in some filling
Check out these other Spring-y ideas from Finding Silver Linings