Pumpkin Spice Pudding Shots

Okay.  I know that I posted about pudding shots before (see that recipe here).  This recipe is tweaked just a little bit, and they taste ridiculously good, so I’m posting about them…again :D

It’s definitely autumn in Connecticut.  The leaves are beginning to change color, the air is crisp, and football is what consumes my Sundays (GO NY GIANTS!).  Pumpkin is the official fall flavor.  It seems like every brand has a pumpkin version of its original.  Pudding is clearly no exception.

My friend Lindsey was having a get together on Saturday and called for reinforcements (AKA me).  She’s been dying to try my pudding shot recipe since I first posted it.  I told her to pick up milk, whipped cream vodka, cool whip, canned whipped cream, garnishes and whatever flavor pudding she wanted to try. She bought pistachio, cookies & cream, and pumpkin spice.

She’s not normally camera-shy.  But when I whipped out the camera & started snapping shots of the food, she knew it was blog material.  I told her I wanted her to make a FSL cameo, but this is all she gave me.

She’s like one of the girls from The Price Is Right making the box of pudding look glamorous ;)

I digress…

We made the cookies & cream first and followed the original recipe.

These weren’t topped with whipped cream or crushed oreos yet because we made them the night before.

Next, we made the pistachio.  We also decided that this was the point where we “tested” a few out just to be sure that they were good ;)  We thought that they were a bit too strong.  Yikes!  At this point we decided to cut the recipe for the next batch.  This is what we did:

1 cup whole milk

1 packet pumpkin spice pudding mix

1 regular sized tub of cool whip

1 cup whipped cream vodka

a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice

Put all of these ingredients into a big bowl.

Mix Mix Mix

Pour the mix into squeezable shot glasses, garnish with a squirt of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon!

I triple dog dare you to try to have just one of these.  I’m not kidding.  Instant party in your mouth. Like, for real.

What’s your favorite pumpkin flavored fall dessert?

If you like this post, you'll love these:

This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Pumpkin Spice Pudding Shots

1. Oh you made these look so tasty!! I agree pumpkin is the official Fall flavor!!

2. Those look so good! I’ll have to throw a party just for an excuse to make them. :)

3. I haven’t had a jello shot since college. Sadness.

4. Pingback: Nutella Filled Cupcakes | Finding Silver Linings

5. Dawn says:

Do you think if I made these pumpkin pie shots with skim milk and fat free cool whip they would still be good? As long as the whipped cream on top is full fat??? Just wondering if that would mess up the consistency?

6. Lance says:

I tried to make these and I don’t think they turned out correctly. I used everything from the list and mixed in a bowl but it was very runny. I let it sit in the fridge for around 10 hours, still no change. Your picture has a very pudding consistency, mine looked more like milk. Any tips or suggestions?

7. sara says:

omg we started making pudding shots and omg we definatly got the recipes down pat ………… Holla we love making these and our pudding shot cook book is filling up fast …. kisskiss we love these bloggs thanks ……………. mother daughter pudding shot queens

8. Ashley Dalton says:

These look sooo good!.. im a bartender and im so gonna make them. i hope they go over well! ;-)

9. Pingback: Preventing Holiday Burn Out | Finding Silver Linings

10. Francine Milam says:

Ok …Here is my Pumpkin Spice Pudding
    1 box of Pumpkin Spice pudding
    1 cup Cracken Black spice rum
    1/2 cup milk
    8oz coolwhip
    Mix together put in small cups then into frezzer.

11. Kelly says:

I have made pudding shots with skim. The key to get them to become thick is to freeze them they become the consistency of mousse

12. Maritza says:

Hi,

I was wondering how many pudding shots these reciepes make. I will be using 2 ounce cups. I am making them for a fall golf outing this friday.

Maritza
    Maritza recently posted..Craft Night, Apple Cider Sangria, Samoas & Finding the Silver LiningMy Profile

13. Tj says:

Great recipe. We are making these for our annual Halloween costume party. We are simplifying our clean up by using standard shot glass size edible chocolate shot cups. These are going to prove to be decadent beyond measure. Ours out coming from our local chocolatiers at Philadelphia Candies in hermitage pa. Thanks o you both for great inspirations!

14. tricia says:

Do you think I can use pumpking pie filling instead of the instant pudding and milk? I can’t find that flavor of pudding anywhere!

15. Matso says:

Would one batch make enough to fill a pie crust? I am thinking of putting it into a graham cracker crust and serving as a dessert. Would it be thick enough to do that?

16. running says:

Hi there! I could have swornn I’ve been to tuis blog before but after browsing through
    some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking bacxk often!
    running recently posted..runningMy Profile