We are fully in the thick of summer 2016. Today, I want to share my summer beauty essentials with you guys. Summer beauty is all about looking sheer, bright and sun-kissed.
While these products don’t promise to turn you into a Victoria’s Secret model, they’ll make you feel like you’re ready to pour yourself an umbrella drink and toss on that cute little romper that is sitting in the back of your closet.
- Let’s start with self tanner because let’s be honest, everyone looks better with a tan. Slather on your sunscreen and flaunt your gorgeous glow while preserving your skin. Face it, nobody wants to look like a wrinkled up raisin in a few years just because they wanted a tan. The problem with most self tanners is that tell orange color and the smell…yuck. I’ve done quite a bit of research on this very topic. Lately I am loving the Rodan + Fields self tanning mousse. No smell, easy to apply mousse, streak-free, natural (REALLY!) looking tan. Total beauty gave it at 10/10 based on reviews, so it’s not just me. Click here to get yours.
2. A coral bright blush adds life to dull skin. When applied with a light hand to the apples of your cheeks, this color gives the most natural flush, as if you were warm. Most people are put off by bright blush colors because they think they’ll end up looking like a clown. The trick is to put it on in very sheer layers. I can’t stop gushing over Copacabana by Rodial. It is the perfect shade and the packaging is to die for! Here’s a peek at my SnapChat story earlier today (follow along: FSLsnap).
3. Shiny bright lips are SO summery! Slick on some some sheer punchy gloss like this one from Essence. It’s super-inexpensive ($2.49 at Ulta!) I’m wearing XXXL Shine Lip Gloss in Popping Pink. Again, just because the color looks crazy bright in the tube, it doesn’t mean you’re going to look like a 5 year old that snuck into mommy’s cosmetic bag.
4. It Works! Defining gel has been helping me out this sumiThe results are temporary (I’d say a few hours) but I felt a difference as I was applying it. It is supposed to diminish cellulite and firm the skin. The gel was a little sticky as it dried but I felt my skin tightening up as I was rubbing it in. It is supposed to work even better with wraps to firm problem areas but I’m a weirdo and get claustrophobic just thinking about it. I’m rambling, but I recommend this for a definite quick fix for jiggle when rocking those daisy dukes. Get it here.
5. A 2″ curling wand. It takes me 7-10 minutes to curl my whole head with a wand. Beachy waves are EVERYTHING when creating a summer look. Plus humidity actually makes this style messier aka better. Curl hair from the jawline and below to keep it looking laid back rather than French poodle. Hit the curls with a little texturizing spray and shake those babies out for a messy, undone “I woke up like this” look. This one is from Nume but don’t ever pay full price on that site! Google Nume promo codes and you can usually score a huge discount. I got the one below (listing price $149) for $29. Yup.
**Some (not all) of these products were sent to me to review. I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own.
Follow my Pinterest boards for hair and beauty for more tips, tricks and inspiration.