So much for this NOT turning into a baby blog…
Summer is coming and after that comes baby. I don’t know if it’s too early for nesting mode, but it’s happening. I’m fairly certain we are team green (unless eye spy boy parts or girl parts at our “big ultrasound” on 5/30). So I am facing the challenge of designing a gender neutral nursery. It’s not that easy. I feel like everything is either laced with princess crowns or puppies! I am going for something that flows with the rest of our house (natural color palette) and when the baby gets big enough to voice his or her own opinion, I can easily swap out the nursery rug or artwork and put it in another room.
I made a base moodboard and 2 other versions of it that I added boyish or girlish touches for after Baby P arrives.
1. Color palette of natural brown, white and ivory
2. The convertible crib I registered for (Graco Shelby in cappuccino)
3. A soft & cozy glider with washable/removable cushion covers
4. Pendant light from LampsPlus.com
5. The Ivory Trellis Rug I’ve been drooling over for months from Restoration Hardware (at a surprisingly reasonable price)
6. All white bedding
7. Gold Love prints by Jen Ramos
8. Cream paper pouf ceiling decor
9. Cream colored plush lamb
10. Greenery 🙂
Simple changes in the tissue pom color, toss pillow & curtains add pops of color and some personality to the baby’s new home.
If we have a boy:
If we have a girl:
What do you guys think?