Big News Monday: Something’s In The Water

If you follow me on Twitter, I gave the heads up on this over the weekend that casa FSL is under construction.  Well, it IS!  This house has been buzzing for a few months like never before.  Mr. FSL and I have been working on a major project.  Well, technically I’m doing most of the work, but it wouldn’t be happening without him.  We got this little surprise a few months ago!

We are having a baby!

I have been BURSTING to tell you guys!  This was the hardest surprise I’ve ever had to keep!  But now that the cat is out of the bag, I can finally be at ease and share my excitement and nerves and everything in between with you all.

Phew!  I can finally exhale (and unbutton my jeans)… and finally pin all of those gorgeous nurseries I’ve been coming across.

Baby P is due in October, which leaves me plenty of time to create a rockin’ nursery out of our lame guest room.  I have sooo many ideas swirling around in my head.  And now that I’m out of the 1st trimester and my head is out of the toilet 24/7,  I can get back to blogging more. Win!

I don’t want FSL to be a full blown baby blog, we have lots of other stuff going on around here.  Same old FSL.  But some posts will obviously have to do with baby.  And some recipe posts may be, um questionable due to my crazy cravings :D   This week will be baby themed, so if it’s just not your thing, no worries, pop back in next Monday for the usual FSL shenanigans.

I’d love to hear from any of you moms and moms-to-be out there!  Suggestions, words of wisdom, book or blog recommendations etc.

I love you guys and thank you for coming along on our beautiful crazy journey with us.

XO,

Mindy

If you like this post, you'll love these:

This entry was posted in Big Mama's House, home and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Big News Monday: Something’s In The Water

1. Congratulations! What exciting news!!

2. Ahhhhhhhhhh, I knew it! I told you…I can sense these things. Congrats!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!
    michelle@decorandthedog recently posted..Before, Progress, PlansMy Profile

3. Congratulations!!! What an exciting time for you guys!
    Diana @ Boy + Girl recently posted..A Single Easter DecorationMy Profile

4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so happy for both of you. Bottom line this baby is going to be a knockout looker, due to his/her beautiful parents!!! Can’t wait to read more!
    Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic recently posted..random musings friday.My Profile

5. Lisa says:

Very exciting for sure! Xoxoxoxoxooxo

6. Yay! I am so so so so happy for you and excited! Congrats for making it through the first trimester. While I didn’t get sick (lucky me), I still thought it was miserable because I couldn’t share the news yet. Now, the fun begins! Can’t wait to follow along on your journey.

7. Tia says:

Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! You are hilarious ” head out of the toilet” hahaha!! I can’t wait to see what you do with your nursery :)
    Tia recently posted..Have a Fantastic Weekend!My Profile

8. Michele says:

Congratulations Mindy from your Uncle Johnny and myself. We are very happy for you and Mr. FSL ;) xoxoxo

9. Christine says:

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Please share as much as you can about it, I know I can’t be the only one that will be dying to know every detail!! I’m not, nor have I ever been prego, but I loved reading the blog “Little Baby Garvin” She’s adorable and just had her baby recently and has lots of advice and adorable decorating ideas! My birthday is October 5th, which is apparently the most popular birthday because of the date of conception, I wouldn’t mind sharing it with your baby though!

• Thanks for such a great comment Christine! It makes me so happy to know that others are excited about this too! Thank you for the blog reccomendation also! I can’t wait to check it out :) If it’s not your first time here, you already know that I’m an over-sharer lol!

xo
      Mindy

10. Hahaha, you commented on my blog that you can’t wait for stainless appliances, but now that I read your post today, you are probably more excited for something else to arrive!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!
    What exciting news!!! ….. much more exciting than cleaning appliances…..
    Deanna @ TheChangingHouse recently posted..How to clean stainless steel appliances.My Profile

11. Juliana says:

Yayyy! Congrats Mindy!You guys are going to have such a beautiful baby!

I love following you on here. All of your creations are so inspiring. Miss seeing you from wayyyyy back in the day when we would sneak into the Tunnel. Then later, seeing you around the art department on campus.

Do you have a private e-mail I can reach you at? Mine should be attached with this message.

Many congrats again to your growing family!

12. Awesome news! Congratulations Mindy!
    Carrie @ Hazardous Design recently posted..Outside ChinoiserieMy Profile

13. Tien says:

OMG OMG OMG!! Congratulations Mindy! So excited for you. Looking forward to more baby posts :)
    Tien recently posted..Soft Yoghurt BunsMy Profile

14. Priscilla says:

Congratulations to you & Mr. FSL!
    May you have much health, much happiness, and much love!
    Enjoy & be well!

15. Mindy, I’m so happy for you guys. Yay, congrats!!
    Victoria-writes recently posted..Music and writingMy Profile

16. WHOA BABY!!!!!!!!!! Super excited for you two!!! What is absolutely terrible is that I can’t manage to subscribe to your blog still and so I’m obviously missing important updates and I had to find out via Pinterest! Thank God for Pinterest! :) LOVE you lady and sooo sooo sooo happy for you! I told Eric, entering the blogging world is giving me the baby itch, because none of my IRL friends are preggo, but all of my bloggy friends are! LOL Looking forward to updates!
    Ashley @ DesignBuildLove recently posted..12 Ways to Use an Extra DresserMy Profile

17. Jules says:

Um, something tells me that is gonna be one Gorgeous kid! Congrats!