I loooove my slow cooker. LURVE IT!
My latest interest in KathEats.com didn’t stop at the lip-smackin whipped banana oatmeal. Nope. I tested the slow cooker pineapple chicken, and it was great too!
See Kath’s page here.
This is her recipe:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks (or part canned, part fresh/frozen)
- 2 tbsp mustard (I use Gulden’s Zesty)
- 2 tbsp Tamari (soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Arrange chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Sprinkle with pepper, turmeric and paprika.
- In small bowl, combine pineapple, chopped green pepper, mustard, garlic and soy sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle on red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado and hot sauce and serve with brown rice.
I tweaked it a teesy bit (suprise!) because I didn’t have tumeric, cilantro, avocodo, or a green pepper. I had a red pepper though… 😛
Plop chicken into the crockpot & season it.
Measure, chop & mix all the other ingredients in a bowl
Pour it in. Turn the slow cooker on low & go about your day.
This is where it got interesting for me.
C’mon, you knew something ridiculous would happen! I forgot to plug in the crock pot. I’m not kidding. How hard is this dinner? It isn’t. It’s insanely easy!!! How could anybody mess this up?!?!?
Well, I’ll tell you how.
Picture me telling my husband all day that we are coming home to a rockin dinner.
Husband picks me up at work.
I talk about dinner some more.
I fling the door open and take a long exaggerated inhale at the same time with my eyes closed to really take in the intoxicating aroma…
I didn’t plug it in. UGH!
ME: Honey, you should have a little snack to hold you over until dinner is ready
HIM: I though it was waiting for us with bells on, you said *confused face*
ME: I want it to be really extra super good though
HIM: Okay. What time do ya think?
HIM: A half hour?
ME: *shakes head no*
HIM: 40 minutes?!
ME: Mmmmore like three hours.
ME: *uncontrolable laughter*
UGH! I’m such a dodo.
Anyway, I added some hotsauce and olive oil to the rice, and dinner looked like this…
Sorry for the lame photo quality. I almost chewed off my arm and even considered eating Rocco. The last thing I thought about doing was taking pictures, lol!
I’d love some more healthy slow cooker meals. Fork them over (no pun intended). I want some more ideas!! As long as I plug it in, slow cooker meals are the easiest!!