Is it me or was January 575969670 days long this year?! February couldn’t be more welcome. I’ve been really aware that the more organized I am and the more goals I have, the more productive I am. Productive Mindy = Happy Mindy. I’ve whipped up a little guide for you because, well, you’re my fave. Friends want each other to feel happy and productive, so I want to share with you some things I’m excited about this month.
- Sometimes just glancing at a calendar makes me feel motivated to stay productive and organized. Here are a few free pretty downloads you can print or save as your wallpaper.
- Buy some fresh flowers and leave them somewhere that you spend a lot of time. Your desk at work, in your kitchen, by your bed wherever you will see them the most. February is a barren month, so it lifts me up and makes me happy to see something bright and alive in my house. Pick a color that speaks to you. For me that’s typically a blush or pink bunch of flowers, but sometimes I stick to a nice green leafy plant to give me a small dose of zen and brings a bit of life into the room. It’s the little things, guys.
- Valentines Day is two weeks away. Instead of buying candy or another gift (hello, the holidays were like yesterday), an experience is more meaningful. Book a night at a cozy Air BnB, order some take out, pick up a bottle of red and reconnect. If you’re single, treat yourself to a massage and a mani.
- Read! What is something you want to get better at? Pick up a book (check amazon for highest reviews, obv) on a topic that interests you and disappear into it.
- I’ve been OB-SESSED with The Skinny Confidential for a while now. Lauryn interviewed Tanya Zuckerbot who is registered dietitian and founder of the F Factor. In a nutshell it’s adding more fiber to your diet. I have been doing it for the last month and I am NEVER starving. Since I’m never really hungry, I am able to make healthier food choices throughout the day and keep the portions smaller. Since alcohol, dining out, and carbs are allowed, nothing is really off-limits. It’s not really even a diet, I’ve been just getting about 24 grams of fiber daily (evenly dispersed throughout the day) and I have not been over eating at all. I don’t weigh myself ever but my stomach feels flatter than it did a month ago.
- I realize that this is a strange follow-up to a diet but I always need a bit of sweetness around Valentines day. I make this blue unicorn hot cocoa and 3 ingredient Nutella pop tarts with my kids and they love!