This had to be made for a few reasons. My kids needed a special treat. Yes, we just had Christmas and New Year’s but they were sick for all of it. For the past two weeks, my kids have had the bug and were giving it back and forth to each other. TWO WEEKS. I bleached my house so much that I feel like I have no skin left on my hands.
We live in CT and got our first real snowfall on Saturday. We made chairs and a small table from the snow. He was so proud. I knew it was the day to make unicorn hot cocoa. I mean what else do you do in snow chairs but drink blue unicorn hot cocoa?!
I saw a cup of unicorn hot cocoa that Cream and Sugar Cafe posted on their Instagram and knew I needed to make it for my boys. Their version is pink. Max looooooves blue. So, I improvised and tweaked a bit and came up with this! I wish I caught Max’s reaction on video when this pour happened.
It would actually be adorable for a Frozen themed party or hot cocoa bar since the color is so Elsa.
Ingredients to make two cups
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate (I used Ghirrardelli)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 drops of blue food coloring
- whipped cream to garnish
- sprinkles to garnish
- marshmallows to garnish
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk milk, cream, chocolate, extracts and food coloring together until chocolate has melted. Do not overheat!
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and sprinkles!
Your kids will go insane over this! Pin & make.