Can you believe it is JUNE today?! I don’t know about you, but as soon as I realized this, my cookies & pasta diet came to a crashing halt. I literally need chocolate at least once a day. Cocoa comes from beans, so technically it’s a legume right? Um yeah, it’s definitely a food group. In all seriousness, here’s a life hack: unsweetened cocoa adds a ton of flavor (and antioxidants) without the calories.
Adding a little extra protein in your diet doesn’t have to mean quinoa, edamame or meat. Protein can be sweet too! Use Terra’s Kitchen Nutrient-Rich Protein Powder to make one of our favorite trendy foods, protein balls. They’re decadent, chocolatey and super simple to make in a pinch. Save this recipe for a day you want a guilt-free treat.
Triple Chocolate Protein Balls (makes 16)
What you need:
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Terra’s Kitchen Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus more for rolling (optional)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
What to do:
- In the bowl of a food processor add all the ingredients.
- Pulse until the mixture just comes together.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball then place the balls on the sheet pan.
- After the balls have set for a few hours roll in the cocoa powder. (optional)