I”ll be in week 30 of pregnancy on Friday. In other words, panic mode. I need to think of nursery options for both genders because we are team green. I have dreamed up a neutral nursery (click here to see) to prepare as much as I can before the baby arrives. I know from my first experience that I need to think about what I want to include when we finally know if we have a son or daughter. During the first few months of running on no sleep, my brain will not be functioning normally. I will need a reminder of what I want to do to the room, I need to see what I had in mind, and I need to have it at my disposal. So here is my inspiration board I will be using if we have a baby boy. Here is my blue and gray nursery inspiration board. I will be posting my girl nursery board soon!
1. Fog Mist by Benjamin Moore paint for the walls. This taupe-ish grey has gotten great reviews and has tan undertones which will make the cool color palette work with our walnut stained trim (source).
2. The Vienna Collection by Baby Cache in Ash Gray is the perfect balance between masculine and feminine and in that gorgeous color. Since it has a bit of a weathered look to it, the inevitable scratches and dings that come along with having a little boy will add to the charm of the furniture (source).
3. The Madison glider by Babyletto for a comfy seat for those late night feedings. This glider is small enough to fit in our tiny nursery and has the upholstered look that I love (source).
4. This color palette of grays, tans and blues are calm and serene. I like that it’s a bit different from our son’s room which is cream, tan and navy (source).
5. A gold lamp like this from the Nate Berkus line at Target is able to pull off gold yet still seem masculine because of its shape (source).
6. I’m thinking grey or navy curtains. Perhaps blackout curtains would be better (source).
7. A sunburst mirror to bounce a little light around this small space. Nothing does it like a mirror (source).
8. I love this plush sky mobile. Simple with a pop of metallic (source).
9. The Alseda pouf from Ikea. At $29 this is a super-affordable option (source).
10. Some 3-D word art for the wall add a touch of whimsy (source).
11. A soft navy rug for some color would be nice. This one is from Target (source).
12. Faux taxidermy is all the rage right now it seems. I really like when they are framed .
13. Snowy mountain peak pillow gives the room a fun outdoorsy feel (source).
See other inspiration boards I’ve made by clicking here.